Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Madness!

I love my husband, dearly. However, he is a homebody and I am not. I love to socialize and explore! He is happy to relax on the couch watching Law & Order and Bones. Needless to say, I get the itch to get out and do things and sometimes, he begrudgingly humors me!

Since Cody is out west I thought we should take advantage of our rare alone time and do something special. However, when you're 35 weeks pregnant, there is only so much you want to do or so far you want to go. Originally we had thought about a trip to Charleston, SC for the weekend, but I wasn't sure I wanted to drive that far this far along in my pregnancy. (Originally we had planned the trip for almost a month earlier, but we had an extended Codymoon instead!) So we planned an impromptu overnight to Raleigh over the Fourth of July weekend.



Nothing fancy by any means, but lots of fun was had by both of us, even if Den complained that I was making him do all the things I wanted to do! We drove up early afternoon and checked into the La Quinta Crabtree. Since getting our furbabies La Quinta has been our saving grace. It allows us to travel with the furbabies without paying huge fees or having to board them. Then we headed over to a local mall and did a little shopping where I indulged in two new tops. It seemed a little frivalous with only five weeks left, but the belly has gotten so big there is only so much that fits now! We had dinner at P.F. Changs so Den could get his Chinese food fix. Then we went to see "Rent". It was a fabulous little getaway! Plus, I think it helped that wonderful hubby of mine see that getting out and doing things can be fun!



Not only did we get out of dodge on Saturday, but I convinced him to go see the fireworks on the fourth! We had BBQ over at the staff club, played a little rummy and relaxed. Then he took me to the movies on Monday night!  How I managed to convince him to do all these fun things, is beyond me!   I think I will have to stay home and relax all next weekend to make up for all the activities I conned him into doing!  I guess he's earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers