Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God Bless the Exercise Ball!

Oh, the joys of pregnancy! Throughout my pregnancy I've had a lot of hip pain at night. As if it's not hard enough to sleep anyways when you have to get up and use the bathroom all the time, but having to switch sides every hour or so only adds to my lack of sleep. Needless to say, the further along in my pregnancy I am the harder sleep is to come by. Don't get me wrong, I know this will all be worth it when I'm holding little Liam in my arms, but right now when I'm exhausted and up most of the night. It's frustrating! On the plus side, I should be VERY well prepared for getting up with a newborn at this point with how little sleep I'm functioning on.

However, this doesn't mean I don't seek out things to help me sleep a little sounder at night. After all, I need to enjoy sleep while I can! Only five-ish more weeks until the little man joins us so I'll try almost anything! Fortunately two things have helped me sleep better at night.

First is the Boppy Pregnancy Wedge.



What a lifesaver for helping balance out the belly! Once I really started to get big out in front I couldn't live without this. A regular pillow was too big and I didn't want a whole body pillow as I don't like things across my face. This supported my growing baby belly without being a third person in the bed! If you're pregnant, I highly recommend it! And if you're thinking of getting pregnant, bookmark this item! It's a must have!

The other savior has been our exercise ball!



Someone recommended this to me to help cure the hip pain that's been keeping me up and night and I must say, it's helped so far! We'll see how it works for numerous nights in a row, but so far, so good! I've been sitting on mine instead of a chair at the computer and find that it's comfortable. I roll side to side and back and forth on it and bounce up and down. And last night, my hips didn't ache and I got more sleep than the past couple of nights. Seeing how as they're affordable and many of us have them in our homes already I think they're a great tool for us preggos!

Now mind you, there is nothing I can do about the bathroom breaks, but at least the sleep I'm getting is more solid. I know it will probably be a long while before I get to sleep through the night again, but at least with a few helpful tools I'm getting as much sleep as possible before my days as a mom of a newborn begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers