Thursday, September 9, 2010

Best Wedding Gift Ever!

Still, almost four years later, one of the best wedding gifts I received is our crock pot.  I never knew I would love this small appliance so much!  But with a busy schedule, working full time, sports practice, etc. I quickly came to love my crock pot probably a little too much!

The best thing about it, is that you can get dinner ready before work or practice and come back hours later with a piping hot, yummy meal on hand.    With football practice started back up again for the season I am now officially the queen of the crock pot!  I try to steer clear of it the majority of the time when Cody doesn't have sports because I get too used to making all of my quick, easy recipes and it gets redundant, but I rejoice each football season in the ease of meal preparation!



Where do I find these delicious recipes you may ask?  One of my favorite places is the Fix It and Forget It Lightly cookbook.  Last night I made Zucchini-Vegetable Pot.  Scrumdiddlyumptious!   It's a family favorite.  All my boys love it and besides a little chopping, it's quick and easy! Here's my take on this recipe:

1.  Brown 1 lb of ground turkey in a nonstick skillet.
2.  Chop up the following and place them in the crock pot:
  • 2 zucchini
  • 2 ribs celery
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 2 large tomatoes
  • 1 onion
3.  Top with 1/4 c. rice and turkey.
4.  Spinkle the following seasonings on top:
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
5.  Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
6.  We add tobasco sauce to ours for a nice little kick!  (It tastes delicious without as well if you or your kids are not into spicy foods.)

So, if you have a slow cooker, pull it out and try this recipe today!  If you don't, you might want to run out and buy one!  And remember, if you're going to a wedding or shower, this just might be the most beloved gift the bride could get.  She may not realize it straight away, but she will sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers