The best thing about it, is that you can get dinner ready before work or practice and come back hours later with a piping hot, yummy meal on hand. With football practice started back up again for the season I am now officially the queen of the crock pot! I try to steer clear of it the majority of the time when Cody doesn't have sports because I get too used to making all of my quick, easy recipes and it gets redundant, but I rejoice each football season in the ease of meal preparation!
Where do I find these delicious recipes you may ask? One of my favorite places is the Fix It and Forget It Lightly cookbook. Last night I made Zucchini-Vegetable Pot. Scrumdiddlyumptious! It's a family favorite. All my boys love it and besides a little chopping, it's quick and easy! Here's my take on this recipe:
1. Brown 1 lb of ground turkey in a nonstick skillet.
2. Chop up the following and place them in the crock pot:
- 2 zucchini
- 2 ribs celery
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
4. Spinkle the following seasonings on top:
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6. We add tobasco sauce to ours for a nice little kick! (It tastes delicious without as well if you or your kids are not into spicy foods.)
So, if you have a slow cooker, pull it out and try this recipe today! If you don't, you might want to run out and buy one! And remember, if you're going to a wedding or shower, this just might be the most beloved gift the bride could get. She may not realize it straight away, but she will sooner or later!