Today is the first official day of fall. It doesn't much feel like it with temps in the 90's outside, but hopefully fall weather will soon be on it's way. I love fall, and I love lists, so here are my top ten favorite things about fall.
1. Cooler temps! That's right, I am over the 80s, 90s and 100 degree temps we've had, not to mention the humidity. At this point I'd be happy to be able to wear jeans and a t-shirt, but in NC that is still a ways off!
2. Football! I love me some football! Whether it's watching the Saints, the USC Trojans or Cody's 49ers play I love cheering the teams on!
3. Pumpkins! Whether it be pumpkin patches, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins...I love it all!
4. Halloween. I love Halloween for two reasons. First, who doesn't love all the fun Halloween candy. Yum! Second, I love seeing what all the kids dress up as. I have no desire to dress up myself, but I love their costumes. I can't wait to dress Liam up for his first Halloween! He's going to be a dragon. So cute! I'm trying to convince Cody to be a knight, and not one of the jedi variety either! How cute would it be to have a knight and a dragon out trick-or-treating?
5. Sweaters. As a So Cal girl my obsession with sweaters is a little odd. Can't explain why, but I do love them! I have way too many for the climates I live in, but at least I get a little use out of them here in NC.
6. New TV! What can I say, I'm a bit of a TVaholic I guess. It's only gotten worse since I got married to a fellow TVaholic. Tonight alone I'm excited for the Bones and Grey's Anatomy season premieres. And that is just tonight!
7. Crock Pot Meals. There's something comforting about the smell of dinner simmering away throughout the day. And knowing that it will be ready after football practice or whatever else we have going on is a weight off my shoulders. Warm, cozy, comfort food makes the season.
8. Wine shipments. What can I say, I love wine. We are members of Opolo Vineyards in Paso Robles, CA and normally get two shipments in the fall from them. Delicious vino puts a smile on my face!
Check out Opolo HERE!
9. Marine Corps Birthday Ball. Every year the Marine Corps celebrates it's birthday with a party. Each squadron hosts a ball to celebrate the heritage and traditions of the Corps. It's an awesome experience and we love attending. Plus, my man is just handsome as can be in his dress blues!
10. Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. I love turkey. I love cranberry sauce. I love stuffing. Most of all, I love all the wonderful people and things I have been blessed with. I am a lucky girl!
- ▼ September (9)