Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Giving Thanks

Every day I am thankful for my husband, but as we gear up for deployment I am reminded each day how much I love him, depend on him and need him.  Yes, I am a capable and independent young woman.  (Well, at least I still feel young most days!)  After all, I have lived on my own all over the world and supported myself.  I could do it again if life necessitated it.  Mind you, I have no desire too.  I love my husband.  I love being married.  I love motherhood.  All the ups and downs make life exciting.  Each challenge is worth conquering.  There is a reward smiling up at me every day.

Since the hubs will be gone for Thanksgiving this year, we decided to appreciate our time together and  do Thanksgiving early.  So last night was Thanksgiving at our house.  We had turkey, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and my "famous" (according to Cody) pumpkin pie.  Everything was delicious!  And, in the grand scheme of things, way too much food!  But it was nice to take a minute to enjoy our family.  To thank God for all that he has blessed us with.  It's not often enough in our every day lives that we take a moment to do that.  I appreciate Thanksgiving for forcing me to reflect on what I have and I'm glad I got an extra day where I looked around the table, at all my boys, and remembered that no matter how far apart we are, we are truly blessed.  Not everyone is as lucky as we are.  Not everyone is as loved as we are.



So, whether it be a minute or a day, I am thankful for every bit of time I have with my husband.  I am thankful that he gets to see our youngest grow and change as much as possible.  I am thankful that he can get up in the middle of the night with him.  I am thankful that he can wrestle with our oldest.  That he can help him with his math homework.  I am thankful for the laughter and love that fills our home every day, both when he's home and when he's away.  And I'm thankful for the two little men who remind me each and every day what an amazing man I am married to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers