Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes I just want to watch my baby sleep.  On my lap, in his crib, in his bouncer.  I love watching his peaceful little face.  I love his periods of active sleep.  I love the rise and fall of his chest. 

Snoozing on my lap at three days old.
But, sometimes I think I should be making better use of what little free time I have.  I should be working out.  I should be doing the dishes.  I should throw in a load of laundry.  I should dust the house.  I should bake cake in a jar to send to the Marines. 

Almost a month old
And yet, I just stare at my little man in awe.  Feeling blessed to be his mom.  Amazed that he is a little me and a little Den.  Grateful that God gave us the most precious gift, a child.  And I say to heck with it all...this is a good use of my time!  There will always be dishes, laundry and working out to do, but Liam will not always be this little.  I need to eat up every minute while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers