Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thin Down Thursday - Week 6

Weight Loss: -0.4

Struggles: Being sick with digestive issues for half the week.

Non-Scale Victories: My pants definitely feel loser.  I've still got a ways to go before I fit in my pre-pregnancy size, but my "fat pants" are a little loser.  Every inch, or centimeter even, is one step towards meeting my goal! Oh, and I did I mention I did great at tracking?  So proud of myself!  More info on that below.

Goal for next week: Exercise three days this week.  Trying to build it into my routine and not make excuses.  (i.e. The baby is hungry, the baby's diaper needs changed, etc...)

Reflections: So this week was interesting.  Looking back at the week I did pretty well at tracking.  I only skipped two days this past week!  I will continue working on tracking this week so that I get into the habit of tracking.  They say it takes three weeks to build a habit so I will do my best to stick with it!  I am so grateful for the iPhone ap which allows me to track on the go, or even when stuck on the couch nursing the little man.  It's a lifesaver!

I'm disappointed in my loss this week.  It's a loss and I have to be satisfied with that, but it's not what I was hoping for.  I worked very hard to stay on plan and track what I ate this week.   I didn't get a ton of exercise in with being sick, but you would think that being sick would have helped me drop the weight.  It's very frustrating, but a loss is a loss.  I just have to remind myself that every little step is a step in the right direction.   

I'm choosing to focus on exercise this week because I have really slacked since having Liam.  I walked almost every day I was pregnant with him so I should at least be continuing that!  I also need to exercise and tone up to fit into my dress for the Marine Corps Ball this year.  I decided I didn't want to spend money on a new dress this year since it's our sixth ball so I could easily wear something no one here has seen.  Plus, it's good incentive to fit into something I already own.  It won't be last years dress since that was at my official pre-pregnancy weight, but it will still require some work to get into the dress I plan to wear!

P.S.   A little off topic, but you have to see my cute little blogging buddy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers